If obstacles are large, jump higher.
Similar Steve Backley quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- The framework I found which made the decision incredibly easy was what I called – which only a nerd would call – a ‘regret minimization framework’.
- A problem is opportunity shouting at you!
- FOCUS: Follow On Course Until Successful.
- Ask yourself everyday: What do I need to be grateful for today?
- I don’t want to use my creative energy on somebody else’s user interface.
- If there was a way that I could not eat, so I could work more, I would not eat. I wish there was a way to get nutrients without sitting down for a meal.
- Success doesn’t come to you; you go to it.
- Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.
- Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
- Many companies describe themselves as customer-focused, but few walk the walk. Most big technology companies are competitor focused.
- Only those deals get closed which you deserve.
- Building a startup is very much an endurance sport
- The field seems to require a painfully uncommon synthesis of imagination and realism.
- People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- Success is a journey. The best form of transport is Happiness.
- Unlike other product developers, Jobs did not believe the customer was always right; if they wanted to resist using a mouse, they were wrong.
- The great thing about fact-based decisions is that they overrule the hierarchy.
- Normal is where innovation goes to die.
- The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.
- Don’t aim for perfection. Aim for ‘better than yesterday’.