We are comfortable planting seeds and waiting for them to grow into trees.
Similar Jeff Bezos quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- The framework I found which made the decision incredibly easy was what I called – which only a nerd would call – a ‘regret minimization framework’.
- Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
- Innovation is the ability to see the change as an opportunity; not a threat.
- Life is too fragile and valuable to be spent doing something you hate.
- It is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
- Entrepreneur, get creative or live stagnant. ~
- You don’t need a partner; you need a startner.
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
- A knock down has never been a knockout unless you allow it.
- Sometimes we measure things and see that in the short term they actually hurt sales, and we do it anyway.
- You should take the approach that you’re wrong. Your goal is to be less wrong.
- Selling is a sacred trust between buyer and seller.
- The most powerful productivity tool ever invented is simply the word No.
- How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.
- If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.
- When you stay in your comfort zone, you are not learning.
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
- We innovate by starting with the customer and working backwards. That becomes the touchstone for how we invent.
- If we can keep our competitors focused on us while we stay focused on the customer, ultimately we’ll turn out all right.