Focusing is about saying no. And you’ve got to say no, no, no. When you say no, you piss off people.
Similar Steve Jobs quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success.
- Procrastination is the enemy of action!
- Don’t interpret anything too much. This is time waster number 1.
- Success is making those who believed in you look brilliant.
- The keys to success are patience, persistence, and obsessive attention to detail.
- Risk is a necessary component of success.
- We do no market research. We don’t hire consultants. We just want to make great products.
- If you don’t learn to control your mind, your mind will control you.
- You have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.
- Move fast, break things
- Once you bid farewell to discipline you say goodbye to success
- Success and failure come and go, but don’t let them define you. It’s who you are that matters.
- You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.
- At the earliest stage, the only people who can invest in you are three Fs: friends, family and fools.
- Dreams remain dreams until we decide to act upon them.
- You cannot begin, until you begin.
- Failure implies a failed day not a failed life.
- Don’t wait to be compelled to do great work.
- A knock down has never been a knockout unless you allow it.
- You will have more regrets for the things you didn’t try than the ones you tried and didn’t succeed at.