There’ll always be serendipity involved in discovery.
Similar Jeff Bezos quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- To soar, we must leave anything that weighs us down.
- If you can imagine it in details, it can be done.
- You are about to succeed when the urge to quit is the greatest.
- Don’t nourish your fears more than you nourish your hopes.
- Success doesn’t teach as many lessons as failure
- Entrepreneurship is the use of self-interest in the service of others. Politics is the use of others in the service of self-interest.
- There are good Managers and good Leaders, some of them are good in both and they called Entrepreneurs
- It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.
- An entrepreneur is more useful and valuable to the economy than an economist.
- No business can continue to shrink. That can only go on for so long before irrelevancy sets in.
- The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’
- In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts.
- The road to success is always under construction.
- Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.
- As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.
- Failure is not failure unless we fail to learn from it.
- Life’s too short to learn from your own mistakes. So learn from others.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- See the big picture and details of everything in your life (zoom out, then zoom in).
- We need to embrace change in order to sell change.