I’d rather interview 50 people and not hire anyone than hire the wrong person.
Similar Jeff Bezos quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- No guts, no story.
- You get paid in direct proportion to the difficulty of problems you solve.
- Impatience destroys at least 98% of hard work’s potential.
- People who say you will fail are people who have never been successful in their lives
- If you’re watching your competitors, you’re unlikely to invent a bunch of stuff on your own.
- Slow, Steady and Strong
- You can win big battles by winning small victories at a time
- Speak less than you know; have more than you show.
- Turn your Why into Why not?
- The greatest thing is when you do put your heart and soul into something over an extended period of time, and it is worth it.
- Many companies describe themselves as customer-focused, but few walk the walk. Most big technology companies are competitor focused.
- The most powerful productivity tool ever invented is simply the word No.
- Your mental energy links to your physical energy. Without it, your mind will suffer.
- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
- Smart people are a dime a dozen and often don’t amount to much. What counts is being creative and imaginative.
- Building your dreams is the only way not to work for someone else’s dreams.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- The great thing about fact-based decisions is that they overrule the hierarchy.
- You can only succeed through a steady persistent effort.
- Dreams don’t get done until they are due.