If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
Similar Steve Jobs quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Success is never accidental.
- Entrepreneurship is the use of self-interest in the service of others. Politics is the use of others in the service of self-interest.
- There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass―covering.
- If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
- If price is what you communicate, don’t complain about lack of margins.
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
- Most large organizations embrace the idea of invention but are not willing to suffer the string of failed experiments necessary to get there.
- Live boldly now. Later may not be an option.
- All things good happen by not managing time, but prioritizing attention.
- If you’re good at course correcting, being wrong may be less costly than you think. Whereas being slow is going to be expensive for sure.
- The Greatest success stories are beautifully painful
- I wanted a woman who could get me out of a Third World prison. Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.
- People who don’t venture will keep working for the people who ventured.
- Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying.
- Unlike other product developers, Jobs did not believe the customer was always right; if they wanted to resist using a mouse, they were wrong.
- Business is still more often about whom you know, not what you know.
- Humans are born to build something outrageous.
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
- Help others. When you help others, you help yourself!
- Great losses are great lessons.