Unlike other product developers, Jobs did not believe the customer was always right; if they wanted to resist using a mouse, they were wrong.
Similar Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.
- If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.
- In love and in business, trust is everything!
- Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.
- Stop blaming outside circumstances for your inside chaos.
- Sacrifice is the seed of success.
- Kindness is the key to success
- A good entrepreneur is a good teacher.
- All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you’re Woolworth’s.
- All businesses — no matter if they make dog food or software — don’t sell products, they sell solutions.
- Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
- Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- Just because you work, doesn’t mean you’re working on the right thing.
- Life’s too short to learn from your own mistakes. So learn from others.
- Creators always have an advantage because they make the stuff we consume.
- Entrepreneurship does not build character; it reveals character.
- An entrepreneur is someone who can make enough money to pay for their mistakes.
- Being an entrepreneur is the greatest investment
- Sorry Houston, but failure is an option.