High expectations are the key to everything.
Similar Sam Walton quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Sometimes life’s going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
- Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.
- If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
- How you spend your time is more important than how much you have.
- Success is not what you have, but who you are.
- Dreams remain dreams until we decide to act upon them.
- Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.
- Constantly seek criticism. A well thought out critique of whatever you’re doing is as valuable as gold.
- Losers read, winners skim.
- I’m not trying to be anyone’s savior. I’m just trying to think about the future and not be sad.
- Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.
- Visionary decision-making happens at the intersection of intuition and logic.
- A business shines brightest when its people are working on problems bigger than themselves
- You can’t solve your problems until you know why you have the problems.
- If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.
- The field seems to require a painfully uncommon synthesis of imagination and realism.
- Nobody will value you unless you show them how valuable you are
- I don’t care about being right. I care about success and doing the right thing.
- Don’t try to mine gold when you can sell shovels.