Be so good they can’t ignore you.
Similar Steve Martin quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?
- If you won’t trust yourself, nobody else will.
- Eighty percent of success is showing up.
- We are very careful about what features we add because we can’t take them away.
- Innovation is the ability to see the change as an opportunity; not a threat.
- Entrepreneurs are selected to be just doers, not thinkers, and doers do, they don’t talk.
- Smart people are a dime a dozen and often don’t amount to much. What counts is being creative and imaginative.
- Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.
- There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass―covering.
- Hiding behind titles to create security is insecurity.
- If you decide that you’re going to do only the things you know are going to work, you’re going to leave a lot of opportunity on the table.
- You lose respect when you demand respect.
- When you go in search of honey, you must expect to be stung by bees.
- Entrepreneurship means that you are the founder, CEO, designer, developer, vendor, human resources, trainer, planner, executor and hustler
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way
- Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.
- No amount of VC money or good marketing can save a bad product. Period.
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.