The field seems to require a painfully uncommon synthesis of imagination and realism.
Similar Alain de Botton quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- All things good happen by not managing time, but prioritizing attention.
- It is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
- People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
- Don’t interpret anything too much. This is time waster number 1.
- Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.
- Use your profession to fund your passion.
- What we need to do is always lean into the future; you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.
- Don’t try to follow trends. Create them.
- When you’re ready, nothing can stop you. If something’s stopping you, you’re not ready.
- Success repeats itself until it becomes boring.
- When you stay in your comfort zone, you are not learning.
- Don’t put me in a box until I’m dead.
- Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.
- We’re just enthusiastic about what we do.
- The good news for shareowners is that a single big winning bet can more than cover the cost of many losers.
- We can’t be in survival mode. We have to be in growth mode.
- Value your values by demonstrating your values.
- If you want to live a successful life then start making other people successful
- Success doesn’t come to you; you go to it.
- Like fear, doubt greatly reduces the potency of our effort.