The field seems to require a painfully uncommon synthesis of imagination and realism.
Similar Alain de Botton quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
- Stop Pitching Product, Sell your Value!
- Someday is a dangerous word.
- A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.
- You want to have a future where you’re expecting things to be better, not one where you’re expecting things to be worse.
- I became an entrepreneur because I wanted to innovate to improve people’s lives, not to become a pesky, spam―crazy nuisance.
- Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.
- As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.
- FOCUS: Follow On Course Until Successful.
- If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
- Time doesn’t change things. It’s how we use our time that makes the difference.
- Losers read, winners skim.
- What we want to be is something completely new. There is no physical analog for what Amazon.com is becoming.
- Invention is by its very nature disruptive. If you want to be understood at all times, then don’t do anything new.
- Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.
- Seek advice on taking risk from a capitalist and not from a gambler.
- Creating anything that never existed before is not sanity.
- Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
- We are really competing against ourselves, we have no control over how other people perform.
- Everything begins small.