How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.
Similar Yvon Chouinard quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- Entrepreneurship does not build character; it reveals character.
- Do what you love and love what you do.
- No one who ever led a nation got there by following the path of another.
- Sometimes we measure things and see that in the short term they actually hurt sales, and we do it anyway.
- Sometimes life’s going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.
- How to change the world in two words: S.T.A.R.T. N.O.W. 1. START – Serve. Thank. Ask. Receive. Trust. 2. NOW – No Opportunity Wasted
- Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.
- If you decide that you’re going to do only the things you know are going to work, you’re going to leave a lot of opportunity on the table.
- Startups don’t just die, they commit suicide
- An entrepreneur with strong network makes money even when he is asleep.
- Success doesn’t come to you; you go to it.
- Don’t simply dream, create. Don’t simply create, ship. Don’t simply ship, dream.
- Confidence comes from crossing thresholds.
- Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.
- Hungry people always win.
- People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
- I’m a big fan of all-you-can-eat plans, because they’re simpler for customers.
- Success inspired confidence; confidence produced success.
- The field seems to require a painfully uncommon synthesis of imagination and realism.
- If you don’t appreciate your customers, someone else will.