Building a startup is very much an endurance sport
Similar Max Levchin quotes:
Other Entrepreneurship :
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- True ambition is the desire to work harder for yourself than somebody else
- The goal is to build a profitable business, not maintain an expensive hobby that will leave you in the poorhouse.
- Don’t aim for perfection. Aim for ‘better than yesterday’.
- No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.
- I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.
- To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.
- The school as at fault for trying to make me memorise stupid stuff rather than stimulating me
- Where you are going to spend your time and your energy is one of the most important decisions you get to make in life.
- Success doesn’t teach as many lessons as failure
- You will have more regrets for the things you didn’t try than the ones you tried and didn’t succeed at.
- Act and fail, but don’t fail to act.
- The way to screw up somebody’s life is to give them what they want.
- A person who makes few mistakes makes little progress.
- Life’s too short to learn from your own mistakes. So learn from others.
- Entrepreneur, if your distinction isn’t angering the mediocre, it’s actually mediocre.
- Live your vision and demand your success.
- The framework I found which made the decision incredibly easy was what I called – which only a nerd would call – a ‘regret minimization framework’.
- Failure is not failure unless we fail to learn from it.
- The world is a Treasure Map