A problem properly stated is half solved.
Similar John Dewey quotes:
Other Problem Solution Quotes :
- Common sense is a good decision maker and problem solver until your mind reaches uncommon problems.
- Most problems can be effectively dealt with before they are in full swing.
- We cannot solve an old problem with old solutions.
- Life is a series of puzzles; all you have to do is solve the puzzles.
- Most people who were educated have become the problems instead of problem solvers.
- The first step to solving your problem is admitting that you have one.
- I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.
- Analysis of error begins with analysis of language.
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
- All my problems bow before my stubbornness.
- Be a generous listener to be a generous contributor. We often listen to respond instead of listening to relate.
- If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.
- A business shines brightest when its people are working on problems bigger than themselves
- Problems often become worse if incompetent people try to solve them.
- Problems only get solved when you stop ignoring them
- Mankind, as history tells us over and over again, seeks the least painful solution and, as a result, ends up exchanging one problem for another
- Some people see problem as obstacle, some see it as challenge and few visionary see it as opportunity.
- There is one solution to all of our problems: Teaching our kids clarity of thought and political representation in democracy.
- Framing the right problem is equally or even more important than solving it. Pearl Zhu
- To ‘see both sides’ of a problem is the surest way to prevent its complete solution. Because there are always more than two sides.