To sell something familiar, make it surprising. To sell something surprising, make it familiar.
Similar Derek Thompson quotes:
Other Digital Marketing Quotes :
- If you think implementing CRM is expensive, you are doing it wrong.
- Remember, a great conversation with a customer is not debate practice. Be a learner, not an interrogator.
- Marketers are focused and sales people are scattered!
- If your business is not a brand, it is a commodity.
- We, as a species, tend to over-generalize. That’s why our marketing strategies often suck
- The world doesn’t celebrate your similarity but your difference
- The buyer is always tuned in to one radio station: WIIFM (What’s In It For Me). The rest is filtered out as noise.
- People LOVE change (when it’s about changing others). People HATE change (when it’s about changing themselves).
- Take your dreams off the ground to the clouds of business where your products will contribute to make the world a better place.
- When we care, we share.
- Content is king, but engagement is queen, and the lady rules the house!
- With traditional marketing, you tell people you are a rock star. With content marketing, you show them you’re a rock star.
- Making a product is just an activity, making a profit on a product is the achievement.
- Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make but the stories you tell.
- Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like.
- Social media is nothing like traditional media. It should be used to listen, learn, engage, and build relationships.
- Don’t spend your time or money on being boring.
- There’s no such thing as overselling, only underdelivering.
- If you are in a competitive industry, great online reviews are not just nice to have, they are a requirement!
- Attention is a main asset in marketing.